Thursday, January 12, 2006

Reason 179 That I Love the German

Reason 179 that I love the German:

Every night the German stops what he is doing to watch my soap with me, "Gute Zeiten, Schlechte Zeiten" (Good Times, Bad Times). This show is beyond bad, I mean American soaps should get Oscars. But I love every cheesy, terrible moment of it. I started watching it in the winter of 1997 when I was an exchange student living in Kassel, Germany. My German at the time was not good, and I had a television in my dorm room. That television and my soap improved my German by light years! See, soaps do have a reason to exist.

Anyway, the German actually knows the story lines now! Prof. Dr. Gerner (think of him as the JR Ewing of German soaps) found out that his a fiance may be pregnant with another man's child (don't you hate it when that happens?). Tonight, he hired a criminal to kidnap her and torture her a little and then set her free. Although Isabella knew who the guy was, Dr. Gerner said that she was just is in shock and thus made her look crazy.

The German turned to me and said, "If you slept with a young dude and got pregnant with his child, I promise to never hire someone to kidnap you."

Isn't he sweet!?

No comments: