Thursday, February 09, 2006

Swoon!

So, the German went to soccer practice this evening and my English lessons for tonight and tomorrow morning got cancelled. This means only one thing . . . a glass of wine and mindless hours of surfing the internet.

I was checking out my friend Liz's blog/journal and she had the BEST picture of Joaquin Phoenix posted. Then I realized that this was a picture from the new Vanity Fair. Unfortunately, I cannot get the American version here in Germany, so I have to settle for the internet. Vanity Fair is my current favorite magazine. It has the perfect mix of celebrity, movies, politics, fashion, and just plain interesting stuff. My mother usually sends me a copy each month, but mostly I have to rely on the internet.

Anyway, back to the pictures. I found Joaquin and the other Vanity Fair pic's posted on Oscar Watch. It got so much better when I checked it out. There were all three of my secret celebrity crushes (I promise I only have three): Eric Bana, Joaquin Phoenix, and Jake Gyllenhaal. Swoon! I was so in heaven. After looking at the pics, I realized that I do indeed have a "type:" tall, dark hair, blue or brown eyes, athletic. I don't really go for blondes. Hmm . . . Yesterday's trip down memory lane also made me remember the celebrity crushes of my youth: Brendan Fraser and Christian Slater. Jessica even has proof of this and if she ever reveals it . . . I will kill her . . . just kidding . . . maybe.

In case anyone was wondering, I did find a Jem t-shirt. They have a purple one at Urban Outfitters. It is $28. I am still contemplating. I am hesitant because I spent $50 on two t-shirts yesterday from 80stees. I got the Rainbow Brite and Care Bare tees (LOVED Rainbow Brite and my nic is Claire Bare, so I think they were good choices). What surprised me the most was that I was not at all upset by the price. I have not been that happy to purchase something in a while. The German did not say anything as he was happy to see me with such a stupid grin on my face the whole day. I have been in kind of a pissy mood the past week, so I guess he was happy that is was gone, even if it did cost $50. I also realized why the tees were so expensive and hard to get. Apparently most of them are made by a company called Junk Food, which is tres-in and uber-hip. Tees are now very popular with celebrities. Damn them.

I also found a blog that makes me smile until my cheeks hurt. Click on cuteoverload.com. Click on the link to "Birds" and scroll down to the entry "Fly me to the Mooooon." Then click on the song link just under the picture. It is so cute it hurts. This morning the German and I did not even speak to each other. We just did the chicken song . . . which is also cute . . . or just a little weird.

So, I may not go cuddle up with any of my crushes tonight. But I will go to bed with this. And let's be honest, he is MUCH better and cuter than any crush . . . Except when he snores.

No comments: