Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Lesser of Two Evils (LB: Part III)

The Election is finally over. After 35 ballots a decision was made. Our party received a stunning blow. I do feel partially to blame. I should not have abandoned John, despite our differences. But I knew Charley to be more loyal to the party. Perhaps next time we should choose the stronger candidate rather than a party hack. Well, live and learn I suppose.

It was a bit satisfying to know that my influence still has some sway. After 30 ballots I knew that something had to be done. It is imperative for our little experiment to succeed, that there be a smooth transition in power. I could not let the election go on much longer. But who to support? It is like trying to pick the lesser of two evils.

I am not exactly Tom's biggest fan. However, he does realize the importance of compromise and at least you can believe him. Catiline, on the other hand, well . . . I trust him about as far as I can throw him! He angles himself into position and switches sides in the bat of an eye. I may not believe in Tom's principles, but at least he has them. The only way Catiline will get my support is over my dead body!

So, I rode over to Jim's. I told him that Catiline cannot come to power and we need to bring this election to an end. He was my voice, and helped the last ballot come through. Catiline could have stepped down, but would not. Who else has an ego large enough to laugh in the face of election results?

This election was very trying and highlighted the flaws in the electoral system. It may be possible to win the popular vote but not win the election. However, I do not think this will happen again.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Remember, this is not "Claire." It is part of the Lost Blog that she found in her office. Be sure to click on the links in the blog. They are there for emphsis. Now go visit the rest of the Lost Bloggers and read how you do it right! Don't forget to check out Paul's Book!

7 comments:

Eden said...

Gosh -- I don't even have a guess. I keep thinking "Charley" w/ that spelling should tip me off but it doesn't. Hrm...

Just another American Expat said...

Now you have thrown me for a loop, or should a say...a curve. Surly you are not referring to any Roman election, yet you mention Catiline who had a feud with Cicero. There was a nasty election dispute between those two.

But no Roman is named John, Tom, or Charles. And there is certainly no "Betsy" living in Rome.


I hope you are enjoying this.

Just another American Expat said...

But I have you...Alexander Hamilton because it was you who compared Aaron Burr to Catiline. ;-)

Rabbit said...

I think I'm going to comment after just another american expat every day and simply write "What he said."

Mike B said...

Yep, JAAE is all over us.

BTW, some of the links are just precious.

groovebunny said...

Yup, what they said. lol

Just another American Expat said...

This was really a lot of fun. It brings out the true geek in me, but I love it.
I am somewhat proud to admit not having to go to Google until…

…the nice twist with Catiline. You almost had me and then I thought, Damn Hamilton must have compared someone to Catiline…and I had a hunch was Burr. Google confirmed it.

I love this....I wanna play next time!