Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Into the depths of hell

So, my bad Tuesdays have turned into bad weeks. Getting up at 5:30am and working straight to 9:00pm is getting old. FAST! I feel like I am slowly sinking and I am not sure how to get out.

Sometimes in a job interview, the human resources director will ask you, "What is your biggest weakness?" I would definitely say that my biggest weakness is that I feel the need to be all things to all people. This leads to me never being able to say no to someone in need of help. My second weakness is my controlling help, which results in my reluctance to accept help from others. I am sure you see my dilemma.

My blogging has not been so "faithful," as Grandpa pointed out. It is certainly not because I am not thinking about you all. I have also only been "skimming" the blogs I normally read. I have noticed, however, that many of the Expats are MIA lately. There is one simple explanation. We are all watching soccer (um, football?).

This has been the highlight of my week. Last Friday night, the German and I went to Hannover and saw Mexico vs. Angola. Here I am all decked out for my WM fever, including Angola T-shirt and beer.

The arena was huge. And sold out. 43,000 people. I think about 40,000 of them were Mexican and / or Mexico fans. Have you wondered what Hannover would be like with half of the population of Mexico? One word. Fun! Everyone was friendly and chatty. The game was terrible (a 0-0 tie) but the atmosphere was definitely a once in a life time opportunity.

7 comments:

Big Ear Creations said...

Just stumbled past your blog... what is it that you're doing in Germany. The country has become quite fascinating to me of late

Heather said...

glad to see you are back...

christina said...

"Have you wondered what Hannover would be like with half of the population of Mexico? One word. Fun!"

Absolutely! They should have invited them all to stay and sent 40,000 cranky people somewhere else. :-) So glad you guys had a good time.

And wow, I'm surprised you have time to even breathe let alone blog with a work schedule like that. Are you taking your vitamins?

Elle said...

Glad you're still around Claire-dude! I was beginning to think we'd have to send in the search party. That's two of you gone missing in less than a fortnight.

Dunno what to say about the work situation other than I feel for you and I hope it doesn't last long. :-/

Mike B said...

Maybe we could convince a few Mexicans to hang around and open burrito stands ... it's so hard to get good burritos here.

And here ýou look like an All-American girl on game day.

Dixie said...

That's a work schedule that would kill a mere mortal. Good thing you're not a mere mortal!

Glad you enjoyed the game so much. The atmosphere at one of these games must be incredible!

Haddock said...

I am one of the guilty ones MIA. No time to blog with so much footy on. Great that you got to see a live WM game and that you had a good time.
The Haddock family are off to see France v Togo on Friday in Köln.
Klose & Frings are playing well fro Germany, and I hear Tim Borowski is getting married after the World Cup. I think the Juniorette is a little jealous! :)