Saturday, June 24, 2006

Opening Day

Yesterday the opening of my new business was the social event of C-burg. Well, not really, but it did go well. About 30 people came, including our current customers, friends, and "support people," such as our accountant, graphic artist, and web designer. A local reporter was there, but the mayor could not be there (he had to go to a funeral). However, the man in charge of business development for the city came and presented my business partner and I each a very nice bouquet.

As you can see, the office was in top form. The cake went over well. Germans like Betty Crocker. On the other hand, I went easy on the icing. I did not want any of our customers to go into sugar shock. I made 2 cakes, and only one was eaten. The German took the other to his continuing education class today, where it was also well received.

I did not take any pictures of the guests because I was busy meeting and greeting. Also, I do not want to post pictures of people without their permission (well, except my unsuspecting friends). Super German was in good form, filling glasses and washing up. All-in-all it was a success.

When I got home last night, I was finished. My entire body felt like it was sinking into the floor. I feel asleep while watching France beat up Togo. Unfortunately, when I got up this morning the migraine was back. I spent the majority of the day lying listless on the couch. I have no idea why this is happening. I have had migraines before, but never anything that lasted several days. I hope it goes away by Monday as I have a very long week ahead of me.

The Germany football win pepped me up. I have a new love. His name is Philipp Lahm. He is a quick little defender for the German national team. Super German thinks my crush is very amusing. I was talking about this with some people at the party yesterday. One of my friends protested, "Claire! He is so young (22)! He is fresh out of school!" I smirked. "I know. And they are usually so eager to learn at that age."

However, my love is fleeting. Lahm plays for Bavaria Munich, and it is a major point of contention between us. If Super German has taught me one thing, it is that Werder Bremen is the best and Bavaria Munich is evil (think of them as the New York Yankees of the German soccer league). Sigh. It is always something, isn't it?

PS Blogger is not letting me post pictures. Damn it. I will try again tomorrow.

9 comments:

Rich said...

Hi Clair. Sorry about the migrains.... Hope you feel well soon. As for Mr. Lahm.... Keep your eyes off my man woman!! He is mine all mine. Oh yea, I forgot I was married to a woman and I am a Bremen fan as well. YOu can have him. Sorry.......
But yea, I see what your saying, he is a hottie huh. And damn that boy can play! Good luck with the business.

Dixie said...

Get in line. Philipp Lahm is mine and has been mine since we got him back from Stuttgart.

I say "we" because I am a diehard Bayern-München fan. Always have been. Always will be. :)

Glad your grand opening was a rousing success!

Haddock said...

Glad you business opening was a success

Sorry to hear about the migrains. Hope they clear up.

Perhaps you should start a campaign for Lahm to transfer to Werder!....at that rate most of the German team would be playing for Bremen. Always remember that Bayern München is the dark side of the force!

The German said...

Phillip Lahm is okay even if he plays for Bavaria Munich- Haddock, you are right. It is the dark side. But all players from Bavaria Munich who plays for Germany are welcome. And Ballck is no longer a Munich--Darkforce-Supporter. Good for him. Now he´s an english Russian-money bag.

James said...

Congratulations on the opening of your business. I wish you all the success there is to be had. :)
I am sorry about your migraines. I have them once about every 6 months and they last about 6 hours. HORRIBLE. Good luck. I can usually take about 4 aspirin and take long, long showers...that helps me.

PapaScott said...

Werder Bremen isn't bad. Here in Hamburg they're our 3rd favorite team. :-)

christina said...

Forget Philip Lahm! - I've got a crush on one of those moderators on ZDF - NOT Johannes B. Kerner with the crooked ears, the other tall guy, Jürgen whatshisname.

The migraines I get do tend to spread out over a couple of days. I hope you're not developing that kind now. I'm think it was just a stress reaction this time. Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Do you know what the difference between Bayern Munich and the Dark Side is? The Dark side doesn't win! But seriously, here in Ireland, we very much looking foward to Philip and Co's clash with the mighty Argentina - it should be a spectacle!

Davai Deutschland! As Chard would say....
Anyways, bye for now, E & B.

EuroTrippen said...

I've had migraines in the past and long ago someone told me that heat usually triggers them and to try an ice cold cloth on the back of your neck and/or allowing ice cubes to slowly melt in your mouth.

Sounds hokey, I know, but it actually helped. If all else fails, give it a try...