Friday, September 01, 2006

Professional Advice

Two posts in one day?? Yes, you can tell it is a Friday night in the S and S household.

Remember those migraines I have been having? Well, under threat of divorce (or worse having to renovate the new kitchen all by myself) I went to the doctor yesterday. I explained that I started experiencing cluster migraines in June. I had a bad attack in June, two mild ones in July, and one last week when my mother was here.

Kind, father like doctor: "So do you have a lot going on in your life at the moment?"

Claire stares stupefied. "Dude, how much time you got?"

I explained the various things that I have done over the past few months and after about 10 minutes I ran out of breath and energy.

Kind, father like doctor: "I really think that you need a vacation."

Claire stares stupefied. "Yeah, dude, tell me something I don't know."

He has given me some samples of a few triptans. Some last longer than others and he told me take one at the beginning of an attack. Hmm. We will see.

Have a nice weekend!

PS: The kitchen that drove me to the doctor:

3 comments:

Carol said...

The kitchen looks like a wonderful blank slate. (Don't hit me!!)

Carol

Dixie said...

It's bigger than my kitchen!

Hope those nasty headaches leave you alone.

Expat Traveler said...

I love having visitors too! We actually met with Christina while she was just a few mins from where we live here in Vancouver.

And well the kitchen thing, I understand that one!