Sunday, September 17, 2006

Stammtisch

I just got back from the Irish pub and thought a post was in order.

The New Yorker and I started an English Stammtisch here in C-burg. Basically about 15 people get together once a month and speak a little English and drink a little beer at the local Irish pub. It is a lot of fun, and maybe one day it will lead to a little business.

The great part is Karl made the drive in from Addrup. There may not be a whole lot of English speakers in C-burg, but I am certain that there are more than in A-town.

He mentioned that readers of Euro-American Life are waiting for a pic of me in a horrid bridesmaid gown. Well, you will have to wait for that. I don't actually have a picture of myself. It is funny how that happens when you spend all of your time behind the camera.


However, I wanted to post a picture of beautiful Kill Devil Hills, NC. This is the view from my bedroom. Seriously, you open the door from my bedroom out onto the balcony, and this is what you saw. Every night I left my door open and listened to the waves as I went to sleep. I highly recommend the Outer Banks of North Carolina. There is only one sad thing: some day a hurricane will sweep it all away.

PS As soon as my favorite married couple (the crazy lady and the bail man) send me a picture of the bridesmaid dress, you all will be the first to know.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

We've got that picture of you in Goombay's talking about how you were on vacation...That would be a good post.

christina said...

Wow, you actually got to meet "Addrups Fremdkörper"? :-)

That's an awesome view. And nothing beats hearing the sound of the ocean when you're drifting off to sleep.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what a Stammtisch" is, but I do know that today is 9/26. That's over a week since your last entry. Have you discontued this blog? How can I keep up with your life if you don't make an entry, since it looks like you have stopped e-mail contacts.

Love, Grandpa