Friday, January 26, 2007

Moving Day

Tomorrow is moving day. Maybe. The snow came yesterday. Of course. Although there is not much left, it is supposed to storm tomorrow. Of course. I might not be blogging for the next few weeks. Freenet and Telekom are telling us that it will take up to six weeks to get Internet at the house. Of course.

There is still a ton of packing to do and I have not finished the laundry. It is important to finish the laundry, because in Wildeshausen the washing machine will be in the basement. Because there is no direct way to get into the basement from inside the house, you have to go outside, walk around the house and down the stairs to do the laundry. In the snow. Of course. If you see a woman in C-burg walking around in shorts in February it is because I did not want to do the laundry and I just pulled out my clean summer clothes.

The New Yorker and I have rented additional office space and we are having an open house next week. We do not really have time to get artwork and stuff for the new office, so I volunteered some framed art posters that I have. After all, I have to move them anyway. As I was transporting them to the office in Smarty this morning, the glass in frames completely shattered, and I sliced my hand as I was trying to get them out of the car. Of course.

Sigh. Must go pack.

7 comments:

ann_ona_moose said...

best wishes for the move! hang in there.

christina said...

Oh man. Things can only get better from here. I'll be thinking of you.

Mike B said...

They say, about New York, that if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere. New York was filled with a lot of "of course" moments. I've learned after a few years in Germany, that if you can make it here, you can probably make it anywhere precisely because of the "of course" factor. As Ana said, Hang in there!

J said...

Oh my, sounds like you've been having a bit of a time.

*Hug*

Anonymous said...

Hi Claire - it's so exciting that you will be in the new house and the new office space!!!! I think you are doing a great job. PS I will be over to visit this year for definate

Anonymous said...

That was me, Aoife by the way!!!

hexe said...

Hope the move went well!