Tuesday, February 06, 2007

All Moved In

I am still alive and all moved in! Unfortunately I still do not have Internet access at the new house, so I have to use the Internet in my office. I tried to post last week, but the line was slower than molasses in January.

The move turned out to be not as bad as I had imagined. However, I did through a little tantrum. When I got to the house first, the "workers" from the week before had left their used coffee cups and cake plates and forks all over the kitchen and dining room. The foyer was so full of stuff that we had to clean it before we could un-pack the truck. I got very angry and yelled, "How do you expect me to live like this?!" I then sat down on the steps and pouted.

Later that evening everything was okay and I was able to unpack. However, the furniture store still has not delivered my new sofa and we have not bought a new shelf / entertainment shelf for the living room, so there are still some boxes in the living room.

The only complaint about the house . . . it is big. REALLY big. 257.3 square Meters. I sort of wander from room to room trying to remember what I wanted to do. It took me all day to clean the windows in the living room.

Well, time for an English lesson. I need to earn some money for the cleaning lady that I see in my future. Pictures to come later.

5 comments:

christina said...

Wow, that IS really big. What are you going to do with all that space? You'll need to have lots of kids. :-o Only kidding!

Good to hear that it wasn't as awful as you thought it would be. Hang in there.

Mike B said...

Somehow I can't picture you pouting ... throwing a fit, yes.

We're going the opposite direction, trading 140 sqm for 90. The American in me secretly longs for 250 sqm, however ;)

Yes, a cleaning person ... heck, who am I kidding? They're all ladies over here ... is in your future

Anonymous said...

I guess that's the way it is with you kids. You must have something to complain about! How can a house be too big??? Another thing I can't imagine is not having an inside connection with the basement. But-- seeing as how there is so much floor space, why don't you have the laundry equipment in the kitchen or at least next to the kitchen??? At any rate, from what I've seen, it looks like a very nice place.

Love, Grandpa

J said...

That's a biiiiiggggggg place! I couldn't imagine living in something that size. You and the German will have to keep your mobiles with you at all times to find each other.

Also, the bigger it is, the more there is to clean - I hate cleaning.

hexe said...

Glad the move was not as bad as anticipated.