Monday, May 28, 2007

An Open Letter

Dear Owner of the black Mercedes licence plate number &&& **-***,

I know who you are and I saw what you did. Actually, I did not but the women who work in my building did. I know that Smarty is small, and perhaps you may have not see her, but scratching my car while pulling out of your parking space and then leaving without even putting a note on my windshield is NOT OK.

Just because your car is bigger and more expensive does not give you special rights. I do a very good job parking. Because my car is so small, I fit well in the space and leave plenty of room for people on each side. When you pull into a space, perhaps you should do the same.

The damage was only a scratch; something in the paint that the German can buff out, but this is about principles. However, you are very lucky that my laziness is a bit stronger than my principles. I just don't want the hassle of tracking you down and reporting you to the police in order to collect 200 Euro. But do know, I could track you down if I wanted.

I am letting you off with a warning. But watch yourself. Some people need their cars for work. I drive 2500 Kilometers a month. Without my car I could not work. Next time I will not be so nice.

Yours Sincerely,

Claire

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Hrm, why is it that fags who drive cars like that tend to forget their manners?

btw- I started blogging too...

Anonymous said...

"However, you are very lucky that my laziness is a bit stronger than my principles"

Okay I know I shouldn't laugh but that line is priceless! I'm glad Smarty wasn't beat up too badly!
-E

Mike B said...

I'll tell you from experience that you don't want to report him to the police for a scratch ... I had a good samaritan report the creep who scratched my car, and the only people who ended up paying were me and the good samaritan. But if you happen to be walking by his car some time, it is amazing what a couple carabiners on a rucksack can do to a paintjob ... oops!

Maria said...

Ooo... poor Smarty!!!
P.S. I lost my pink pen and am very sad. May it rest in peace...or find a good home!

EuroTrippen said...

Karma will get him in the end...

Haddock said...

I'm with Eurotrippen - Karma or a set of keys! :)