Monday, July 16, 2007

Who Knows Where the Time Goes?

It feels like time is just slipping away, and I am not inspired to write something new. It is very frustrating. Fatigue has been the biggest pregnancy symptom that I have battled thus far, and it is impacting my work ethic. I don't want to do ANYTHING these days but lie around and sleep.
I have also had several headaches over the past two weeks. Because I don't want to take anything, that has also resulted in my just sitting around, watching TV, waiting for the nausea and pain to pass.

Today I passed the time with some old friends, my blogger buddies. I have so many that I like to read that I forget to stop by. It feels good to catch up. I saw this meme over by Mausi and Stepping Stones. Thought you might enjoy learning a little bit more about me!

1. How many keys are on your keychain? Which one. I have two key chains: the school / office (which has 5) and my personal one (which has 4)

2. What curse word do you use the most? S*** (both the German and English forms)

3. Do you own an iPod? No, I don’t do gadgets.

4. What time is your alarm clock set for? 7:00am, but I usually get up at 7:30am

5. How many suitcases do you own? Too many. We always buy a new one when we visit the States because we always underestimate how much we will buy.

6. Do you wear flip–flops even when it’s cold outside? I wear flip-flops from May to September. I don’t care what the weather is like. It drives my mother-in-law crazy.

7. Where do you buy your groceries from? Marktkauf.

8. Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture? Take.

9. What was the last movie you watched? I watched “Where Angles fear to Tread” on TCM, but they cut off the last 5 minutes!

10. Do any of your friends have children? Some of my German friends do, but of my good friends from college and high school, I will be the first.

11. If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing you would buy? A house on the beach in South Carolina.

12. Has anyone ever called you lazy? Never to my face.

13. Do you ever take medication to help you fall asleep faster? I have tried it a few times on plane trips, but it never works.

14. What CD is currently in your CD player? Disco’s Greatest Hits (good driving music)

15. Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk? These days all I crave is fresh, white milk.

16. Has anyone told you a secret this week? Not yet, but it is only Monday.

17. When was the last time someone hit on you? Probably about a year ago.

18. What did you have for dinner? Bratwurst and potato salad

19. Do you wear hoodies often? I would say often. Sometimes perhaps.

20. Can you whistle? Yes, but not well.

21. Have you ever participated in a protest? Yes, in Germany during my stay in Kassel from 1997 to 1998.

22. Who was the last person to call you? The New Yorker. I left my keys at the office.

23. What is your favorite ride at an amusement park? I don’t really have a favorite.

24. Do you think people talk about you behind your back? It would be strange if they did not.

25. What area code are you in right now? 04473

26. Did you watch cartoons as a child? Um, hello, Jem.

27. How big is your local mall? There are no malls around here.

28. How many siblings do you have? An older sister . . . who I am not very fond of these days.

29. Are you shy around the opposite sex? Not really, and especially not since I got married.

30. What is your biggest regret? So far, I don’t have any.

31. When was the last time you laughed so hard your sides hurt? I cannot remember, but I am sure that it was at one of the German’s bad jokes.

32. What movie do you know every line to? When Harry Met Sally

33. Do you own any band t–shirts? No, but I have a very cool Rainbow Brite t-shirt.

34. When was your last plane ride? March 2007 from Atlanta to Germany.

35. How many chairs are at your dining room table? 6

36. Do you read for fun? Not as often as I would like.

37. Can you speak any languages other than English? German and a very little French.

38. Do you do your own dishes? Only the pots. That is why I have a dishwasher.

39. What color is your bedroom painted? Pale violet and bright blue.

40. Have you ever cried in public? Sure.

41. Do you have a desktop computer or a laptop? Laptop

42. Which do you make, wishes or plans? Both.

43. Are you always trying to learn new things? Yes. I feel restless if I don’t.

44. Do you shower on a daily basis? Shower, yes, but wash my hair only every two days.

45. Are you currently wanting any piercings or tattoos? No.

46. Do you believe that the guy should pay on the first date? Believe it, no, but I do think that it is nice.

47. Can you skip rocks? No. (I thought this question said sip rocks, as in, “sip vodka on the rocks.”)

48. Have you ever been to Jamaica? No. And I must admit it is not high on my list of places to go.

49. What to snack on at the movie theaters? Dr. Pepper and Junior Mints, although they don’t have it here in Germany, which makes me sad.

50. Who was your favorite teacher? Dr. Sweet, my German professor

51. Have you ever dated someone out of your race? No.

52. What is the weather like? Sunny (thank you, God!)

53. Would you ever date someone covered in tattoos? No. I am married.

54. Do you have an online journal? You are reading it.

55. What was your favorite class in high school? Toss up between Geometery and Calculus.

56. Do you enjoy traveling via airplanes? Not any more. I can never get to sleep and I am nervous the entire time I am over a big body of water.

57. What personality trait is a must–have in your preferred gender? Humor

58. Have you ever been attracted to someone physically unattractive? I have been attracted to people who my friends questioned the attractiveness of.

59. When was the last time you slept on the floor? Probably college.

60. What is your favorite alcoholic drink? Cosmopolitan

61. Does your closest Starbucks have a drive–thru? There is a Starbucks in Osnabruck and Hamburg. Neither have a drive-thru.

62. Do you like your living arrangement? More and More everyday.

63. What is your mother’s hometown? You would have to ask her; but she was born in Tulsa, OK.

64. How many hours of sleep do you need to function? Before pregnancy 3; now with pregnancy 8.

65. Do you eat breakfast daily? Before pregnancy just coffee, but now I eat multigrain flakes, joghurt and drink orange juice every morning.

66. What was the last thing to scare you? I almost got into a car accident last week. Some idiot tired to pull out in front of me.

67. Are your days full and fast–paced? Most of the time, but not in the summer.

68. Did you ever get in trouble for talking in class? Whenever Jessica was in class with me.

69. What is your favorite fruit? strawberries

70. Do you pay attention to calories on the back of packages? No.

71. How old will you be turning on your next birthday? 30.

72. Are you picky about spelling and grammar? Naw;

73. Do you believe in life on other planets? I would not rule it out.

74. Have you ever been to Six Flags? Yes in Atlanta and Illinois.

75. Who was the last person to piss you off? Probably my husband.

76. Do you believe that God has a gender? No.

77. What was the last thing you ate? I just had a joghurt.

78. Do you get along better with the same or opposite sex? It does not seem to matter to me. Depends on the person.

79. What did you dress up as for your first Halloween? I cannot remember, but I do remember the year that my mom made me a unicorn costume and I was runner-up in the local kids costume contest.

80. How did your parents pick your name? Claire was my maternal grandmother, Marie was my paternal grandmother.

81. Do you like mustard? Yes, Dijon please.

82. What do you tell yourself when times get hard? This to shall pass.

83. Would you ever sky dive? No. I am afraid of heights.

84. Do you sleep on your side, tummy, or back? My right side, although my pregnancy book says I should lie on my left, but I find that uncomfortable.

85. What character from a movie most reminds you of yourself? Probably some kind of Meg Ryan character.

86. Have you ever bid for something on ebay? Yes, DVDs.

87. Do you enjoy giving hugs? Yes, whenever I can.

88. Would you consider yourself to be fashionable? I try. I really do. But some how it just never works out.

89. Do you own a digital camera? Yes, my only exception to the gadget rule.

90. If someone you had no interest in dating expressed interest in dating you, how would you feel? Guilty that I was not interested.

91. What celebrities have you been compared to? Susan Sarandon. I don’t get it though.

92. Who is your favorite Star Wars character? Han Solo.

93. Does it annoy you when someone says they’ll call but never do? No, because I am guilty of it myself.

94. What books, if any, have made you cry? The Lovely Bones

95. Do you think you’re attractive? Attractive? Probably not. But, I would consider myself pretty.

96. What are you allergic to? Nothing.

97. Are you a jealous person? Only when teenagers flirt with my husband.

98. What’s your opinion on sex without emotional commitment? There is a time and place for everything.

99. Do you ever feel guilty after eating meat? Never.

100. If you were born the opposite sex, what would your name have been? No idea. But I hope it was not Donald.

101. Is it lunch time yet? About two hours ago. It is time for a snack now.

7 comments:

traveller one said...

Great answers Claire! and BTW congratulations on the pregnancy!

Juanita said...

Hi, I just found your blog through Carol of Northwest Lady Bug. Just started on your archives.
I'm trying to remember where Wildeshausen is. Isn't it somewhere around Wilhelmshaven? That's where I'm from. I have been in the States for so long, that memories are fading.

Anonymous said...

I must say-- this is not one of your best posts!

Juanita said...

Ano, why MUST you say that? What do you accomplish by making that statement?

Anonymous said...

To Juanita:: I fell a responsibilty to my Grand daughter,
that's why.

Juanita said...

You fell?

Anonymous said...

No, I feel !!