Thursday, August 23, 2007

Irish Eyes Are Smiling

Today I am making a very special post from . . . Dublin, Ireland! In an attempt not to be the boring married couple that some of our friends accuse us of being, the German and I jetted off to Dublin yesterday. Also, the flight was really cheap.

Ryan Air , the Irish discount airline, now flies directly from Bremen to Dublin. Our tickets cost us 80 Euro per person round trip; a deal that we just could not pass up, even if it is Ryan Air. I have heard horror stories about them, but our experience yesterday was positive. I was worried that we would get to the airport late and have to pay a penalty, but we arrived to find the computers had crashed. All of the check-in agents had to prepare the boarding passes by hand. I felt pretty bad for them. The seats were definitly small, but the trip was only 1 hour 30 minutes, so I could live with that.

I have been to Ireland before, but this is the first trip for the German. By the time we went to bed last night, he proclaimed that the Irish accent is the best thing he has ever heard, even if the people talk so fast that sometimes he does not understand them. Frankly, I sometimes have difficulty myself.

I am very excited to be seeing my Irish friends again and at all of the English speaking possibilites over the next few days. Unfortunately it is a bit cool, overcast, with a chance of rain. However, we are from northern Germany and can handle it.

4 comments:

J said...

Horror stories about Ryan Air? I fly Ryan Air all the time and don't have any horror stories (other than German customer service at Hahn, but that's not RA's fault). I love them.

Have a great trip.

Dixie said...

What a fun trip that would be! I hope you're having a fabulous time!

christina said...

Oh wow. Did you mention this when I was there? I seem to have some vague recollection of talk about Ireland.

Hope you have a wonderful, restful time in all that greenery.

hexe said...

I used Ryan Air out of Salzburg and it was a decent flight for the price. Enjoy the trip!