* Thick bagels toasted with cream cheese
* Channel surfing through some 200 channels and they are ALL in English
* Watching my beloved, yet terrible college football team on TV LIVE while eating chips and salsa and drinking root beer
* Going to a book store full of English books
* Tacky Halloween decorations
* Tall, de-caf, non-fat latte - to go
* Being able to use my debit and/or credit card to purchase something under $10 (no shoplifting here!)
Oh, yes, I love being back in the States. But, seriously, the cars here are HUGE. Why does the petite little real estate agent need a Hummer? I don't get it. Two years ago the German asked me why Americans have such big cars. I responded that some of them are probably contractors or farmers or some other occupation in which the transportation of heavy items involved. Since we have been back in Detroit, every time we see an SUV he says, "Yup, there goes another farmer."