Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Things That Make Me Happy

* Thick bagels toasted with cream cheese

* Channel surfing through some 200 channels and they are ALL in English

* Watching my beloved, yet terrible college football team on TV LIVE while eating chips and salsa and drinking root beer

* Going to a book store full of English books

* Tacky Halloween decorations

* Tall, de-caf, non-fat latte - to go

* Being able to use my debit and/or credit card to purchase something under $10 (no shoplifting here!)
__________________

Oh, yes, I love being back in the States. But, seriously, the cars here are HUGE. Why does the petite little real estate agent need a Hummer? I don't get it. Two years ago the German asked me why Americans have such big cars. I responded that some of them are probably contractors or farmers or some other occupation in which the transportation of heavy items involved. Since we have been back in Detroit, every time we see an SUV he says, "Yup, there goes another farmer."

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Claire:

Yes, ND is terrible this year. But you don't choose teams so much as inherit them when you attend a school. And are you moving, or was the real estate comment innocent?

- Erik

Maria said...

I dreamt about stealing a candy bar last night. I blame you. LOL!

GL'sD said...

The German made me laugh, "Yup, there goes another farmer." Indeed

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

The German is a riot...he should be a comedian.

And yes...I am puzzled at the size of the cars too.

Debbie said...

I, with my little Geo Metro, often wondered why people at my office (in the States) nearly all drove SUVs. My best friend had a pickup, but she also had 3 horses and several goats, so hauling hay was a necessity. Did the people at my office haul hay on a regular basis? Yeah, sure. Then they'd have the nerve to bitch about how much it costs to drive to/from work all alone in their gas guzzler made for 8 people and some straw. HELLO! I'm heading back in 2 1/2 weeks and am actually scared to be on the road again with my little old Euro-sized car! Eeek!

hexe said...

Enjoy your tv, Halloween, and the decaf non-fat latte!

Gardner said...

aaahhhh! Rootbeer and Football!

enjoy the sofa and some great college football.

I think I miss college football the most here in Germany.

Expat Traveler said...

lol - a funny list... I think I could say the same for the things I miss about Switzerland.

Haddock said...

You can tell the German that Werder beat Duisburg 4-0 in the DFB Pokal tonight! :)

EuroTrippen said...

Ohhhhhhh, 200 channels all in english. That's like the holy grail for me these days!