Thursday, November 08, 2007

7 Random Things

Uh, oh. I have been tagged. Haddock wants to know 7 Random and/or Weird Things about me. Now, I really like reading about his adventures with his daughter (as it gives me faith that my kid can turn out okay, too), but I don’t think he knows what he has gotten himself into.

Hmm. This was harder than I thought, as I don’t think anything about me is weird . . . maybe that is the point. Here, we go.

1. I also don’t have a middle name. On my birth certificate my first name is listed as “Claire-Marie.” That’s right. I am a hyphenate.

2. I was called “Marie” until I was about 8 or 9 years old. However, I hated the name for a long time. There were three “Marie’s” in my kindergarten class who always picked on me. When my parents moved and I started a new school I took the opportunity to change my name and listed “Claire” on all of my forms and told people that was my name. I went home that afternoon and announced the change to my parents who were like, “Um, okay?” I still have aunts and uncles who call me “Marie.” I don’t mind it so much anymore.

3. When I was a little kid, I insisted that my sandwiches be cut on a diagonal. I believed that this made the sandwich bigger. Even though I have taken geometry and calculus, I still insist on eating sandwiches this way.

4. I always wear socks to bed, even in the summer.

5. The only class that I ever got an "F" in was spelling. (shocking, I know :-)

6. I will not let anyone (and I mean ANYONE) do my laundry except myself. When someone even touches my laundry, I can get very upset.

7. I did not get my driver’s licence until I was 21, almost 22. I had an accident when I was 15 and had a learner’s permit. It scared the heck out of me and I could not get behind the wheel of a car. When I graduated from college my mom gave me driving lessons as a gift. After about a month, I could not get what the fuss was all about. I cannot imagine my life without a car now.

Here are the rules which you must abide by if you are tagged.

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself: some random, some weird.
3. Tag 3 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.

I am tagging:
Carol
Hexe
Christina

6 comments:

Carol said...

OK, now this is just weird!

You and Elisabeth are exactly alike in numbers 2 and 6! She was Erin (her real first name; Elisabeth is actually her middle name) until we moved when she was 9. In the PLANE on the way to our new home, she refused to answer to "Erin" -- and never again did!

And, when she was 10 I washed something of hers on hot and she freaked, never ever allowing me or anyone else to touch her laundry. Great side effect: she also told her siblings to "never allow Mom to do your laundry!" Best advice she ever gave them -- I haven't done my kids' laundry for years!

Thanks for the tag! I'll be thinking about this one today as I (yuuuuuuk!) clean the damn house.

Carol

Anonymous said...

Your weirdness is so weird. As far as I know, you were still Marie at twelve or thirteen or even later. I never heard the reason untill you graduated from high school.

Love,
Grandpa

Lizz E said...

Wow I learned some new stuff about you!

And I didn't get my license until I was 25 and even then I didn't really want it!

christina said...

#4 - We're sock soul mates! I KNEW there was a reason I liked you so much. :-)

I'll do this one tomorrow. I'm actually having trouble coming up with 7 things since I've pretty much told all in other various memes.

Martina said...

I totally agree with you and Christina on #4 - I can't remember the last time I slept without socks on!

hexe said...

Agree with the socks but my F was in handwriting. Thanks for tagging me. While I was listening to the evil administrators berate me, I kept thinking I still need three more weird facts for my list!