Uh, oh. I have been tagged. Haddock wants to know 7 Random and/or Weird Things about me. Now, I really like reading about his adventures with his daughter (as it gives me faith that my kid can turn out okay, too), but I don’t think he knows what he has gotten himself into.
Hmm. This was harder than I thought, as I don’t think anything about me is weird . . . maybe that is the point. Here, we go.
1. I also don’t have a middle name. On my birth certificate my first name is listed as “Claire-Marie.” That’s right. I am a hyphenate.
2. I was called “Marie” until I was about 8 or 9 years old. However, I hated the name for a long time. There were three “Marie’s” in my kindergarten class who always picked on me. When my parents moved and I started a new school I took the opportunity to change my name and listed “Claire” on all of my forms and told people that was my name. I went home that afternoon and announced the change to my parents who were like, “Um, okay?” I still have aunts and uncles who call me “Marie.” I don’t mind it so much anymore.
3. When I was a little kid, I insisted that my sandwiches be cut on a diagonal. I believed that this made the sandwich bigger. Even though I have taken geometry and calculus, I still insist on eating sandwiches this way.
4. I always wear socks to bed, even in the summer.
5. The only class that I ever got an "F" in was spelling. (shocking, I know :-)
6. I will not let anyone (and I mean ANYONE) do my laundry except myself. When someone even touches my laundry, I can get very upset.
7. I did not get my driver’s licence until I was 21, almost 22. I had an accident when I was 15 and had a learner’s permit. It scared the heck out of me and I could not get behind the wheel of a car. When I graduated from college my mom gave me driving lessons as a gift. After about a month, I could not get what the fuss was all about. I cannot imagine my life without a car now.
Here are the rules which you must abide by if you are tagged.
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself: some random, some weird.
3. Tag 3 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.
I am tagging: