Thursday, February 21, 2008

Light at the End of the Tunnel

The question about my due date is a confusing one. When I found out I was pregnant, I calculated the date of Feb. 14, which was based on my ovulation calendar. After my first ultrasound, the doctor wrote Feb. 10 in my file. For several months the ultrasound kept calculating Feb. 3 as the due date. The doctor said that this was also a very possible date. However, in the end, whatever date you look at, time is up.

I am about to go to the hospital. No I am not having any contractions, but I finally cannot take anymore. I have C-section scheduled for tomorrow at 1:30pm. This is not the ideal end of my pregnancy that I envisioned, but I have faith in my doctor and am a little happy to know that there is a light at the end of this tunnel. I am a little disappointed that I won't be able to push the baby out (how crazy is that!), but I am looking forward to finally holding my baby. I suppose that you have to take the good with the bad. And you never know, I could still go into labor tonight!

Anyway, my doctor is going to keep me in the hospital until next week, so I won't be able to post until then. Maybe I can get the German to provide an update. Bis dann!

23 comments:

G in Berlin said...

However the baby arrives, the baby will be here and that is all that matters. Good thoughts are heading your way.

C N Heidelberg said...

Good luck!!

Maria said...

Good luck! I will be thinking about you and the little one!

Carol said...

Can't wait to hear from you and your FAMILY again -- and maybe see some photos of the Dude who we all already love!

Carol

christina said...

We'll be thinking of you, Claire! Hope everything goes well and maybe, just maybe you'll go into labour on your own before tomorrow.

J said...

Best wishes to all three of you.

Michelle said...

Wishing you all the best!

traveller one said...

You'r in my thoughts all the way down here in Albania!

Emily said...

All the best and good luck with everything :)

Diane Mandy said...

Best of luck! I'll look forward to an update.

Juanita said...

All the best and I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the dude.

BethE said...

Viel Glueck! Ich wuensche Ihnen eine so angenehm wie moeglich Krankenhausaufenthalt und ein gesundes Kind!

Rositta said...

Viel Glueck und ein gesundes baby for Sie, wuensche ich ihnen...ciao

Anonymous said...

Well, at least you'll have a great story to tell the little Dude when he's all grown up! I wish you all the best. Make sure the German remains seated if he's allowed to go in with you for the birth! We all know how it is with men and blood...

kim said...

i'll be thinking of you @ 1:30 and i hope all goes well! :)

jen said...

I'm thinking about you right now, lady. good luck and welcome little dude.

Princess Cat's Pajamas said...

Best of luck! :)

cartooncat said...

Good luck - hope it all goes as smoothly as possible!

Mike B said...

Good luck ... and don't let the inlaws blame the little fellow's tardiness on being half-American.

Expat Traveler said...

Oh - I was wondering... I guess you are living it up with hospital help!

Carol said...

Hi Claire, Just want to let you know that I've been thinking about you and your FAMILY!

Carol

hexe said...

Hope it all is going well. Take care of yourself and your new family.

Maria said...

I hope you and Little Dude are doing great! I am super excited to see photos and the like!