Thursday, March 13, 2008

Birth of a Fan

One of the frustrating things about being a new mom is how little I can contribute to adult conversations these days. For example, the other day Lawyer Guy came over for a visit. It was great seeing a friend again. He and the German traded amusing anecdotes from their jobs. I sat in silence. Finally I perked up, "The other day the baby pooped so much that it went up his back and through his clothes." Note to self: baby poop is a definite conversation killer.

Because I have gotten a little stir crazy inside my four white walls, yesterday I decided to play dress up; with the Dude.

First, a little introduction: My Motown family loves all things Michigan. My Dad has the UofM fight song as the ring tone for his phone. My Motown Uncle plans his winter holidays around the possible bowl game schedule. Naturally they want to pass this love on to the Dude, even if he his thousands of miles away. I was happy to get a package from my dad and step-mom the other day. What was inside made me giggle.

However, me thinks that the Dude should go somewhere else. But this will only happen if he does really well in school and mom and dad save enough money to support a third world country.


Of course the German thinks that the Dude should stick to the basics. If he is lucky he will get a contract here.*

Isn't it beautiful how many choices the Dude has? However, if he ever admits that he likes the Yankees, we will have to disown him.
*For those who do not know, the green bib is from the German's favorite soccer club Werder Bremen.

17 comments:

Maria said...

LOL! We took The Boy home from the hospital in Tulsa booties and a Tulsa hat. Might as well start young!

kim said...

that's awesome. i love it :)
and of course my favorite is also the last picture...

fruchtzwerg said...

ROFL! i LOVE the bib!!! and werder is the best (football) club ever!

G in Berlin said...

We used to call that a poop explosion. It stops after a while, I promise.

Diane Mandy said...

He's already become such a fashion plate!

Gardner said...

Nice looks for the Dude. And the poop story was great.

Carrie said...

I bet the poop was sticky too...I've always called that the sticky poop stage. Too bad you can't just not feed him...j/k.

One question though- where's the tax deduction one? How about a fashion show of what aunti C~arrie sent? lol

Anonymous said...

Go Blue!! The Michigan shirt is fabulous!

hexe said...

We are a split family - I am from the Northeast therefore a Red Sox fan and my husband was born in NY, therefore a Yankee fan. Both families give our kids competing clothes. Right now the kids are split with one fan for each team, but I still have a few years to turn the one who is wrong!

J said...

Looks like I need to send you a Leverkusen shirt for him..lol

stringbean said...

GO BLUE!!!!!!

p.s. we call the poop that goes up the back and through the clothes an "assplosion!"

Berlinbound said...

A belated congratulations - your boy is beautiful - even if his parents have yet to see the light regarding the supremacy of the NY Yankees ... Perhaps your son will redeem his family in later years - hope springs eternal.

And life is all about "poop" after all ... HH is four and we still comment on it ..."Did he just poop?" or, "When was the last time he pooped?" or any of a number of variations on the theme. Relish it, I say, because sooner than later the topics get much knarlier and I'll bet that a few years from now we will all look back on the "poop is important" period with a certain wistfulness.

Liz said...

Oh he becomes more handome everyday-like Gerber Baby cute!!

Haddock said...

Wir sind Werder Bremen!....... :)

christina said...

Ahhh, I can't stand it! He is SO cute. I don't know nothin' 'bout no sports teams but I want to reach right through my monitor and pat his little round head.

Wow, he must be very advanced if he's shooting the poop all the way up his back already. I REALLY don't miss those days, and there were plenty of them. Hold your nose and enjoy it. :-)

hexe said...

Hope you are hanging in! Wishing you some sleep!

Anonymous said...

Claire - the Dude is adorable! But he needs MSU duds. I'll take care of the oversight. We're very happy for you!
Love, Diane (the Motown aunt?)