Friday, March 28, 2008

Poop and more Poop

I have nothin' . . . to blog about that is. When I got pregnant, I wrote that I did not want this to become a "mommy blog." However, as I do not get out of the house much, and I spend the entire day with the Dude, I do not have much to write about. The Democratic primary is also making me about as tired as 2am feedings, and I do not want to write about that either. So, all I am left with is . . . poop.

As Berlinbound commented, life is about the poop. Or as Jen would say, it is the Heissescheisse. It seems that my most humorous stories these days are about poop. I offer you one now and I will post again over the weekend.

Atomic Poop Death Stare

I have read that infants only cry when they are 1) hungry, 2) tired, and 3) have a full diaper. Hmm, I disagree, at least when it comes to my baby. The Dude has turned out to be a pretty good kid so far (knock on wood). He does not get fussy most of the time (well, not today, as he drove me crazy most of the morning). He is quietest, though, right after we feed him. After having his bottle, I lie him down and he goes into a milk induced trance. Seriously, it is like he is on drugs. Sometimes he will even start cooing and waving his fists. This behavior lasts about an hour and gives me time to do things important things . . . like go to the bathroom or eat.

There are other times, however, when he is a bit too quite. He will lie there with the widest eyes and stare at the ceiling. Not a peep comes out of him. The German and I thought this was fantastic. Then about two weeks ago I notice a smell coming from him as he was in his "trance." I picked him up and realized that he had a very full diaper. The next day, the same thing happened. I quickly put two and two together. VERY quite baby = full diaper. Instead of crying to let us know that he needs to be changed, he is very content to sit with the poop.

This morning he got suspiciously quite again. I was in the kitchen making coffee. "Oh no, what's wrong?" I thought. I went into the living room and looked down. There it was, the Atomic Poop Death Stare.


7 comments:

Gardner said...

Ah, the Death Stare is fully operational.

silke said...

omg, the dude is the cutest baby and i love the poop death stare. still a lot more convient than a crying baby. :)

Dr. J said...

No! The Death Star! Umm, I mean Stare! You just know that a James Earl Jones voice will be coming out of him in a year or two.

Actually, I think that idea frightens me even more...

Maria said...

LOL! The Boy never cried when he was poopy either. He got quiet and red... now he just gets quiet. Poop will be important for years and years to come. It'll go from "all he does is eat and poop" to "OMG! he didn't poop for two days!" LOL! :)

Carrie said...

Bathroom humor never truly goes away...my husband still giggles at poop stories. This will be great to show his girlfriends when he starts dating. And PLEASE save this for his wedding "look how cute the groom was when he was young" pictures. Better then the naked butt picture. haha...

Liz E said...

He may be poopy but he is a super duper cute little dude!

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

LOL! I know that stare too! I always cracked up when I saw it...and then he would try to hide :)