Saturday, May 31, 2008

I don't think so, Tim.

I read this article yesterday on People.com, which reveals that Jennifer Lopez does not have a nanny for her twins. Hmm . . . Jennifer Lopez gave birth to twins the same day that I gave birth to one and she looks loads better than I do. There is no way someone with 3 month old twins looks that good WITHOUT help.

Okay, so maybe she does not have a nanny, but she probably has a cook, a driver, a cleaning lady, etc. If I did not have to do laundry, clean the house, weed the garden, cook, etc. and all I had to do was watch the baby, then I might look that great, too. Also, having someone come to your house and do your hair is probably also a plus. Me, I am happy when I get to have a shower and hit (as my friend and new mom Jessica says), "all the important parts."

Today we are taking the Dude to our nanny, the World's Best Mother-in-Law, for an overnight stay. The Dude has created night terror for the last two days, ("No sweetheart, you can not play with mommy at 3:00am."), and I am looking forward to a night off.

The Dude cried for his pacifier every half-hour between 2am and 4am last night. Then at 4:30am he decided it was time to eat. After finishing his bottle and falling back asleep we put him back in his crib. He woke up and wanted to play. Hmm . . . Clean diaper, fed, sleepy. No, honey, it is time for bed. We left him in his room and let him cry. It was hard but 20 minutes later he stopped and fell asleep until 7am. I had no idea that a battle of wills would be begin this early in his life. The Dude looks a lot like me, and it will be interesting to see who is the strongest. For now though, he can go practice the pacifier game with Oma.

(PS 5 Dollars says that he sleeps through the night tonight!)

3 comments:

Diane Mandy said...

I saw that Jennifer Lopez article and thought the same thing!

hexe said...

Enjoy the night of sleep!

Carrie said...

JLo paid someone to play with her nipples at one point, so I'm sure she has a nanny. But I'm thinking they call it something different, like "personal assistant to the baby".