Thursday, August 28, 2008

No News Is Good News

Oh sure there are things that I could blog about.

Joe Biden not being that surprising to me, for one. After all, Obama is being hit on lack of experience. Objective: find someone with experience. However, there has to be something a little more between no experience and a total Washington insider. The Republicans criticizing this though is a bit like the pot calling the kettle black. How long has McCain been in Washington? It may take me as long to count as the number of houses that he has. And did anybody REALLY expect Hillary to be the 2 spot? Obama and Clinton have Texas size egos. It's not just that Obama would not work with her, but she doesn't really want him either.

Also, Obama's venue tonight . . . cult of personality or being inclusive and bringing politics to the masses? Depends on what you want to believe.

Or I could talk about the Dude's 6 month check up, which went splendid. The ped was delighted with his progress and amazed at how curious the kid is. However, he hits himself in the head with his rattle all the time these days so I am not sure how smart he is.

I could also tell you about how I wrenched my back and raising my arm is pure agony. I actually have to get on my hands and knees to pick things off the floor. Bending is too painful.

There was also my Girl's Night with the Moms. We saw Mamma Mia. Cute, but seriously Pierce Brosnan, fire the person who told you that you can sing.

But I think the most important thing this week is that I bought plane tickets to go to South Carolina for Christmas. I have been a bit depressed and homesick and was convinced the trip wouldn't happen this year. However, we found a good deal and my mom offered to chip in. I am over the moon! Bad back and all.

6 comments:

J said...

Hey, that's great that you'll be able to go home for Christmas!

As far as VP goes, I don't know much about Biden, but was totally sure that Hilary woundn't be Obama's pick.

Rabble Rouser said...

I am so happy for you that you get to come *home* for the holidays! I may even get to harass you into seeing me since I'm up for a job there. I still don't know if I could leave the munchkins though...

Oh are we having election fun or what?? I think if the Georgia thing hadn't happened he would have gone with Bayh but I'm actually pleased he went with Biden. And I don't think anyone expected Clinton to be #2 but I think the Obama camp made a huge mistake not going through the motions of vetting her.

And I vote cult of personality, though it should provide some good convention moments. Nothing like reaching out to the rural/middle class by erecting temples in your honor ;-)

Hit the chiropractor stat. That and massage therapy will work wonders I swear!

As for Pierce Bronsan, did your audience laugh too? It just couldn't be helped!

ian in hamburg said...

If you think the right-wing smear campaigns against Obama have been bad already, wait 'til the Republican attack ads get into high gear. Swift boat, anyone? I'm hoping it'll backfire this time.

Looking forward to meeting you in Bremen. Thanks for all the work you're doing to help make it happen.

Alice said...

Dear hubby took me to see Mamma Mia in Muenster - in english! I loved it ... except for Pierce. He looked, well, more pained to be singing than I was to be listening ...

See you in September! (and thanks too! for all you're doing to get us all together!)

kim said...

YAY to the ticket home. where did you get the deal because we still haven't booked anything for december and C misses home, too.

i hope your back will be better soon and i think the hitting in the head thing is pretty normal for dude's age ;)

jen said...

I'm in the same boat. I can't wait to get home a christmas. CAN'T WAIT.
good for you. we'll purchase our tickets next week i think.
Can't wait to see you.