The lovely Tatiana celebrated her birthday yesterday. Now Tatiana is a little bit more down to earth than I am. She did not want "stuff" for her birthday. Rather, she wanted her friends and family to look into themselves and share with her the things that they are thankful for. I think that is an excellent way to celebrate your birthday. Because today is my birthday (oy! the big 3-1), I thought that posting my list would be a way to celebrate the things in my life that make me happy.
1. My father’s cancer being in remission
2. A husband who tries to make me smile when I am not so happy sometimes; he brightens every single one of my days
3. A healthy baby boy who, even when he won’t let me sleep, makes me realize that the future is so full of possibilities
4. My driver’s license: I can get away and turn up the music and smile and be myself and completely alone, but I always have a wonderful place to go home
5. Homemade blueberry muffins: they remind me of being a kid and are my all time favorite; no matter how low I feel one bite puts me in a good mood
6. The wonderful women in my mommy-and-me groups. In those first difficult months of motherhood I had no idea what I was doing. However, these women helped me, made me laugh and were so supportive.
I am sure there is more, but these are the things that came to me quickly. Coincidentally, today is also the feast day of St. Clare of Assisi. No, I am not named after her; I am named after my grandmother. But is is a strange coincidence nonetheless. Out of curiosity, I looked her up and found out that St. Clare is the patron saint of embroiderers, eye disease, gilders, goldsmiths, good weather, laundry, and television. This made me giggle a bit. I have terrible eye sight, spend most of my time doing laundry and watch entirely too much television. Maybe St. Clare plays a role in my life after all.