Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I'm Tired

I'm tired of Dems fighting other Dems.

I'm tired of listening to Repubs believe their own lies.

I'm tired of no one listening when I predict things (i.e. the Repubs using the Dem rift to win an election, taxes going up, a housing market about to blow up).

I'm tired of Obama continuously sliding down the slippery moral slope because he feels that he has to.

I'm tired of the "dammed if you do, dammed if you don't" mentality of so many.

I'm sooo tired of all the bad news and negativity.

I was reading to the Dude last night. He has some of my childhood favorites on his bookshelf. Last night we had "One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish." When was the last time you read this book? It is so fabulous! The German calls it the "drug book," because most of it makes absolutely no sense. But the rhymes and vibrant pictures really appeal to the Dude. But on the inside was something that we grown-ups often forget.
From there to here,
from here to there,
funny things
are everywhere.
These things are fun
and fun is good.


I don't want to be tired anymore. There are so many things to be happy about. Notre Dame beat Michigan over the weekend. Grey's Anatomy returns in just a few weeks. I am going to visit my family in just a few months. And of course, Britney Spears finally got some good hair extensions. Yes, things are starting to look up.

2 comments:

Rabble Rouser said...

I'll second the happiness over Britney's hair extensions. And my gratitude list would be incomplete without some squeeing over the upcoming new Celebrity Fit Club!

And I'm not ashamed-well not fully anyway-to say I still break out the ValueTales when I need to clear my mind. But I'd recommend The Places You Will Go for added Seuss fun.

Anonymous said...

Notre Dame didn't beat Michigan, Michigan beat Michigan (6 turnovers?). Notre Dame just happened to be the other team in the stadium.