Thursday, September 18, 2008

You're Excused

The Dude is a pretty laid back kind of guy. Sure he gets fussy when he is sleepy, but if you lay him down, then he usually rolls over and goes to sleep. And if you are too late with his food, he will throw a fit (that he gets from me BTW). Normally I can put him on the floor with a few toys for about 20 minutes at a time and I sit next to him and read or clean or surf the net or go to the bathroom.

The past two weeks though he has been . . . different. He fusses a bit more and will not calm down until I pick him up. I have toted him around the house a lot more the past few days. Feeding him lunch has been a bit of a struggle. And the dirty diapers . . . oh my God! Yesterday it went up his back and through is clothes, which has not happened in a very long time. Luckily I was on my way out the door for work. I gave the German a big smile and a kiss. "Have fun, sweetie!"

Then this morning as we were answering our emails (i.e. him in my lap and me typing with one hand) he bit down on my hand. There it was. A tooth. Okay so it is still under the skin a bit but it is definitely breaking through. And you know what . . . that sucker is sharp! No wonder babies fuss.

So my dear, you have an excuse on the fussiness this week. Just don't let it happen again.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but it is going to happen again and again and again. ;)

Nashe* said...

Hahaa... how cute x)