Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What I should have Blogged About

I should have told you about our most excellent visit to Bowel-town. Jen and Sparks were great hosts and even better, the Dude went along for the ride. He did well in the car. He did well sleeping at night. He did well in not puking on their carpet. Seriously, it was fun.

I could have also told you about how I must be smoking crack because I decided to host a Halloween Party for the babies in the Dude's play group. Now I am struggling to clean the house and track down corn syrup for my popcorn balls. Turns out that after 5 stores, I had some in my pantry.

Perhaps I could even tell you that it has gotten really cold here and the German and I are fighting about how long to leave the heat on at night. Sweetie, if I can see my breath, then I should be allowed to turn the heat on.

But, no, I have decided to bring the funny.

See more Thomas Haden Church videos at Funny or Die

3 comments:

Mike B said...

I had an Australian friend here who was convinced that Mr. Schroeder had a switch in Berlin that he threw around midnight to turn off all the heating in the country.

Sounds wild, doesn't it? Then you realise that somehow nearly all the heating in the entire country disappears around midnight every night, and it doesn't seem so far fetched.

Diane Mandy said...

Defending Palin AND thowing a Babies Halloween Party?

Who are you and what have you done with Claire???

ian in hamburg said...

I think the concept of corn syrup is just something Germans can't get their heads around. My wife had never heard of it. If you do find a source, let us know, ok?