Sunday, November 09, 2008

The Stoop


The Stoop
Originally uploaded by govt23

When I was a kid, I loved being sick. Not seriously ill, but sick enough to not have to go to school. My mom let me sleep on the sofa and watch cartoons while drinking ginger ale. To this day, I think Bugs Bunny and a chocolate milk shake can cure all that ales you. Being a mother and being sick . . . that just sucks.

All day Wednesday I had a fever and felt achy. I spent the entire day on the living room floor watching the Dude chase after a ball with CNN playing in the background. I could not decide what to do so I called Dr. Mom, aka my mom.

Thursday I felt a bit better and so I soldiered on. Friday the Dude took a turn for the worse and developed a fever and a cough. He laid on the floor, barely moving. We took him to the doctor, who was worried about his breathing so she put him on antibiotics just in case.

This weekend the two of us are not much better. We are both still pretty stuff and cough all the time. I finally broke down and went to a doctor today. He smiled.

"Yeah, it is just a virus. Go home and take an aspirin. Sometimes you have to power through."

I swear that I thought he was going to punch my arm. He must of noticed my disgust.

"Look on the bright side. It usually lasts two weeks, and you already have one behind you."

There you have it. A silver lining in the midst of my snot.

The Dude is moving around a bit better and as you can see from the video, he has conquered the step in our living room. The stairs must be next.

10 comments:

heissescheisse said...

Dude, he's lucky you didn't deck him. Power through? Isn't that what you were doing?

Better life through pharmaceuticals. need some aleve cold and flu tablets.

btw, that video is so freakin' adorable. and it illustrates his personality perfectly. can i squeeze him and kiss his little toes???

Alice said...

(((hugs))) Hope both of you feel better soon.

Rabble Rouser said...

Grr I tried to get the video to play a couple of times but failed. I need to upgrade this computer stat. Luckily, I expect there will be lots of cuteness to come from the little one.

I hope you are feeling tons better!

J.Hager said...

awe, poor sick mommy and baby. The German must be beside himself with all the cuteness going on. lol

That's a great video. I see he's got the "one leg" scoot down. It's hilarious when he scoots toward the camera at the end. It reminded me of some zombie movie where a monster with no legs is coming at you and you're too frozen with fear to get away. lol This would be more like frozen by cuteness and then instead of eating your brains, he spits up on your shirt. lol

christina said...

Awww, he's doing the elbow thing. I love it when they do that. Won't be long now and you'll find him climbing the kitchen cabinets.

Hope y'all feel better soon!

My word verification is "skabrom"! That's what you say after you've mastered the stairs.

Mike B said...

Don't you just love German medical care? Yeah, probably a virus, but hope he did a little poking and prodding to confirm the diagnosis.

My word verification is "spofedn," which I suppose is the sound one makes when really sick and losing their lunch.

Hope you feel better.

Carrie said...

Bet you $20 he'll be left-handed. Very cute, almost cute enough to make me start talkig to Aaron about kids. ALMOST

Diane Mandy said...

Feel better!!!!

NewWrldYankee said...

I was feeling so cold and that video brought the biggest smile to my face. Your baby is the most adorable child on the face of this planet! He should be a Gerber baby, seriously!

Feel better! Promise, when I become a doctor, I wont nearly be so patronizing.

Chad said...

He is the absolute cutest ever!!! Look at him go! Yay for Christopher. He is growing up so much! Love you guys!!