Friday, December 05, 2008

Keeping up with Christopher

We hit another milestone here at Cheeseburgers and Sauerkraut. Over the past three weeks, the Dude has learned to pull himself to a standing position as well as open drawers and doors. Oh Joy.

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I am very proud. "Look what my Little One can do!" On the other hand, I am completely terrified. You can no longer leave the Dude in a room alone for a minute. I run around behind him with open arms going, "Don't eat that! Don't open that! Don't throw that! NOO!" I feel like a mean mommy, but I am trying to protect both him and my furniture. Somehow I think I might be losing the battle.

On Monday the Dude had a check-up. He clocked in at 30 inches and 21 pounds. Of course, he was a complete angel during the exam. The doctor was very kind. "He is definitely growing into a big boy!"

At this point they try to test his mental development by giving him blocks and having him up small objects. At first he would not take the blocks. He kept batting his lashes and smiling at the doctor. "Dude! It is not time to flirt! Pick up the blocks or she is going to write bad things."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about that. It sounds to me like he is developing quite nicely. Not all kids do not perform on command! He really is a cutie!!! We cannot wait to see him. Kayla is on a count down mode.
Give him a big high five from Grandma and Grandpa, and Kayla too!
Let us know what you need from us!
Love to all, Mom

Rabble Rouser said...

Think of it this way. Knowing how to flirt will serve him better in the long run than picking up blocks :-)

annonamoose said...

thanks for keeping us up to date on the Dude's continuing adventures!
a

hexe said...

I have to agree with Rabble Rouser that flirting will certainly serve him better in the long run. My four year has flirted his way into extra reading time at pre-school. I fear his capabilities once he is a bit older.

christina said...

At this rate he'll be driving by the time he's 3!

Carrie said...

The brighter side...he can start helping you clean and put things away in those drawers he's pulling out.