Friday, July 17, 2009

Crazy

I admit it. Sometimes I do listen to and/or read news that clearly has a bias to it. For me the key though is humor and reason. Left or right, you have to engage me (not yell at me) in order to get my attention. Thus, George Will is oddly compelling. He is enough to make a girl become a conservative. ("Claire, stop with the craziness!")

Rachel Maddow is my favorite "liberal." She is cute and makes me laugh. I love how she sometimes will be delivering a story with a note of incredulity in her voice as if to say, "Dude, I can't believe it either!?"

When she had on Pat Buchanan yesterday, I did not think that they would agree with each other, but I did not think that I would start banging my head against the computer like I did.

(Note: Rachel is NOT the one who made me want to bang my head against a wall.)

4 comments:

cliff1976 said...

I think I remember reading somewhere that Rachel M. and Pat B. actually get along famously, aside from their political differences.

I like the "Dude, I can't believe it either!?" tone she brings as well.

Snooker said...

I hope that Pat and his ilk walk away quietly into that good night. America has had enough of the "good old boys network". It is time for some others to have a chance to shake things up.

Ms. Lolly said...

I agree people select news coverage for their bias and not in spite of it. I know I like something that isn't going to cause too much angina as I eat my cheerios in the morning. And here's a secret confession. I actually like Pat Buchanan-not his politics but him. Geez I just feel like I admitted a deep, dark secret LOL Anywho, I see him most on Morning Joe and his personae is oodles different. I've noticed on other shows he says batshit crazy things mainly for effect. But on Morning Joe he is far more thoughtful and measured. Anyway what I like about him is that he provides a historical context for his reasoning which may not make it right but sure keeps it interesting!

Anonymous said...

I made a "whoops" and put my comment on your previous entry.

'scuse me, I'm elderly, you know.
Grandpa