Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Part Where I am Shamed for Not Posting More

This past weekend I met with some truly awesome people at the annual Whiny Expat Blogger Meet-up (WEBUM or WEBMU, we cannot decide). Hamburg was the site our stompings and whinings this year. Excellent city, excellent hosts.

My fellow expat bloggers did point out that my blogging this year has been less than . . . stellar, um, consistent. Those were a few words used. Honestely . . . they are completely right. 7 posts in 8 months. Yes, that is pretty bad.

I could throw excuses at you (chasing the Dude who is in the throws of the terrible twos (it's ain't called that for nothin' ya'll), work, travel) but honestly it is mostly a function of exhaustion. I work primarily from home these days and the computer has become something of a ball and chain. When I am not working, I am watching Jon Stewart (an old obsession) or reading about Project Runway (a new obsession) or following up on Mad Men (how could you not be obsessed with it).

After hours of cleaning, cooking, Lego, chasing, working and the designating surfing time, I usually collapse on the sofa exhausted. I may need a nap just thinking about it.

The strange thing is, I still have a lot to say! Sometimes things happen and I think, "Man I should really blog about that!" So perhaps my weekend with the whiny bloggers finally gave me the nudge. I cannot promise anything, but I will try and find my mojo.

And, yes, I got a new nickname. Poodle. Don't ask.

6 comments:

G in Berlin said...

But at least you went. I let a chest cold and a birthday party keep me home. You are positively chipper and loquacious in comparison.
Blog what you want to blog, do what you want to do. It's not about us, it's about what makes you happy.

Xavier Marquez said...

It's hard work, this blogging business :)

Tiffany @ No Ordinary Homestead said...

I totally agree with G. If you're not feeling it, don't do it. Everyone goes through cycles where blogging just doesn't work anymore. Or maybe it's just time to reinvent yourself and your blog :)

Lilabet said...

I'm totally selfish and am glad you *might* be back in the blogging business. I've missed my dose of Claire awesomeness :-)

Snooker said...

Poodle must blog more!!!

Carrie said...

At least you're in goof company...I didn't post anything in July or August.